Monday, October 1, 2012

Five Things You Didn't Know About Me


All of my friends are doing it (and you should too) and I'm trying to avoid actually getting up and doing anything that might be considered to be productive.  So, I'll join in on this ridiculousness.  IS there anything that my readers don't know about me?  I'm no so sure.  I guess we'll have to see.

1.  Recipe writer from birth! Writing recipes is not something that I recently became interested in.  Oh no.  I vividly recall being about Hunter or Ronin's age and spending Sunday mornings at church writing down recipe after recipe with my friend Kathy.  We would even write them on index cards and I *think* we may have even collected them in a recipe card box.  At least that seems right.  But the point is that I was interested in food concoctions from a very early age.  As a teen, my mom would *let* me make this Mexican casserole that I made up every once in a while.  I would layer corn or flour tortillas, refried beans, salsa, olives, cheese, peppers, etc. and bake it for dinner.  Everything of course came from a can or a package and I'd not dream of making a dinner that required so many cans these days.  But it was a start and proof that maybe this food thing was in me from the beginning.  When I was a vegetarian for those twelve years, I remember getting a vegetarian magazine in the mail.  It was filled with recipe after recipe.  And I loved reading through it.  I loved devouring any and all vegetarian cook book that I could get my hands on.  Of course, I didn't have access to the ingredients but I dreamed of one day being able to create any recipe I so chose in my own kitchen.  I suppose that dream has come true.


2.  I was dumped the day before my wedding.   Yep.  When I was 19, I was dumped by a gorgeous artist (who now lives as an artist in Australia) on the day before we were to get married.  And it's led to all kinds of trust issues.  And all kinds of heart ache.  And all kinds of self-hatred and misery and... well... it  sucked. 

3.  Former democrat.  That's right.  When I was a teenager I was an actual democrat.  So much of a democrat that I was the secretary of the young democrat's club in my high school and I spent my free time in the early 90s campaigning for Bill Clinton and Al Gore.  And I do not regret this.  I still think that Clinton was an awesome president.  And I think I was an awesome teenager for even caring or doing anything. 

4.  Started an improv troupe.  I recently joined forces with an awesome lady who runs a cool art studio here in my neck of the woods.  She sells my chocolate and I am planning to offer a homeschool theater class at her studio starting in January.  When I first met her I learned that she was a stand up comedian in her past life (heck I even saw her perform the day that I became engaged).  And she had plenty of professional improv experience.  And yes, she'd be interested in starting an improv troupe.  All I can say is that this was a meeting ordained by God because being involved with a real live breathing improv troupe is a dream come true for me.  We are calling our little troupe the Barn Razors and we are pretty entertaining if I do say so myself!  In fact, we are meeting again this Saturday!


5.  100 Pen Pals!  At one point in my life, I had right at 100 pen pals.  I didn't write all of them regularly (maybe only 30 did I write weekly/daily).  I didn't even write all of them through the mail (Prodigy anyone?).  It was my hobby and I suppose it makes sense that pen palling was the preteen hobby for a girl who went on to blog and do the social media thing.  I learned a lot through my pen pals.  I learned what pens worked well.   I learned that I have no interest in writing in cursive (and I still will NOT write in cursive).  And I learned about geography because I sure wasn't getting that education in school.



Like A bona fide life on Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He really dodged a bullet there didn't he?

      Delete
  2. You are so cool :) I'm only slightly tempted to take my link off now that I read yours, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, don't do that! I'm not *that* cool, trust me.

      Delete
  3. I agree with infamousmorris. I, too, am slightly tempted to remove my link after reading yours. Not sure anyone can trump your #2.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!