Thursday, May 31, 2012

Arrrrr Me Hearties: Hunter's Pirate Ship Wish (complete with a first mate)


When we came home from our vacation, the pirate ship was *mostly* built but I was waiting until after the big reveal party to blog about it or post any photos so as to avoid ruining the surprise for our friends and family who would see it later.  Hunter's wish was to have a pirate ship in his yard with a place for a cat to live.  God saw to it that Hunter get the most important details of his wish.  Especially since Finn was here waiting for him when we returned from Florida.  What a sweet sweet kitty he is.  The ship is not entirely finished as we need to spend some time working on a few safety issues (Drayken has gotten hurt on it already) but once those are taken care of, I think it's going to be a huge blessing.

This is the finished pirate ship.
The kids have been spending a lot of time on it the past few weeks.
Tanya from Make a Wish of Middle Tennesse and Michelle, Hunter's Wish Granter pose with the Captain.
 Blue Coast Burrito catered our event and we thanked sweet Kristy with our first labeled container of Ridiculous Chocolate.  Isn't it awesome looking? 

Teagin and Hunter enjoying dinner.
My cake table turned into a party favor table. 
Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirate's Life for Me.

 Of course I can't host what is supposed to be a huge event without giving a little speech and leading everyone in Pirate songs, right?

The "black, white and red pirate cake" from Whole Foods.

I went to the trouble of ordering a huge cake for the "45 or so" people who were coming, spent fifty bucks on it, and when I told them that the colors were all wrong and didn't look anything like I'd asked for, they weren't in the least bit apologetic.  I think I shall seek my revenge by posting it on Cake Wrecks.  The last cake wreck I submitted was pirate related as well.  Hmmmm.  It tasted good though. 
What a great looking crew!

Awesome friends wear pirate garb to your pirate party.

Annelyn really loved our kitty, Finn!
Leslie and me :)

My favorite part of the evening was watching worlds collide.  Old friends and new friends, all from different parts of my life, talking and hitting it off.  That is always lots of fun. 

Like A bona fide life on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. It was such a fun night and a great kick off to summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!