Tuesday, May 15, 2012

9 Awesome Things About Our Stay in Vero Beach, Florida

1.  Fancy resort.  We all really loved staying in the sweet suite that we were blessed with at the Disney Vero Beach Resort.  The room was so nice... everything we could possibly need and more.  I don't require a lot of space.  The resort amenities were top notch just as one would  expect from a Disney owned facility but without Mickey Mouse on every surface.  It really was just perfect.
Hunter, Ronin, and Drayken seeing our home away from home for the first time.
"Look at the flat screen!"

"This cool bed, Mom!"
2.  Hair Wraps.  The two big kids totally splurged and got some hair wraps.  I wanted one too but they are so expensive that I didn't end up doing it.  Ronin's hair wrap ends with beads spelling her name and a high heel charm.  Hunter's hair wrap looks just like Jack Sparrow's hair wrap.  How cool is that?  I'm kinda jealous because I really do think they are awesome.

Patiently waiting for her hair wrap.



It says "Ronin" and ends in a high heel charm.  Perfection :)

He wasn't actually that miserable while waiting for his.

Little Jackie Sparrow had to have a hair wrap just like his dad's. 











3.  The beach.  It's no secret that I am in love with the beach.  I didn't know this about myself until about 12 years ago.  I treated myself to a special trip to California to visit a dear friend who had (gasp) dropped out of college to do his dream job working for a video game company on the West coast and left me behind here in Middle Tennessee.  While I was there, we visited the ocean.  I believe that I might like the ocean out there better than the one over here near me but who can be choosy?  I had been to the ocean once when I was three and another time when I was 15.  But it was not until the year 2001 that I learned how much I loved it.  And I still do.  I crave it.  I don't like the sun. But I love the sea, the sand, the waves, the breeze.  It's heavenly to me and I am thrilled to be able to visit the beach more frequently.  The kids aren't as crazy for the beach as I am but that's okay... they'll come around.
They rented a metal detector so that they could look for treasure.

How did I end up with three blondies who look so natural on the beach?

Chasing some kind of bird.

4.  Observing Nature.  In my adult years, I've learned to appreciate observing the nature around me.  I appreciate spotting random animals and gorgeous blossoms.  It makes me sorta sad that I didn't appreciate these things when I was living with my parents but I suppose maybe their love and appreciation of nature rubbed off on me and that is one of the reasons why I snap photos of random creatures and plants whenever I see one of interest to me.
Pink!
Orange!
A "bunny" that just sat on the sidewalk while another lady and I photographed it.
 
Our first encounter with a crab.


5.  The Pool.  The kids loved the pool.  LOVED the pool.  And they stayed in it as long as they could. Twice while we were there they participated in water slide contests.  Hunter won both times!

At the top of the enormous water slide.
The pirate ship play area next to the water slide.

Checking out his prizes after he won in the water slide contest the second time.
6.  Resort Activities.  Just as you'd expect at any resort, we were given a schedule of activities that we could participate in during our stay.  We took Drayken on a preschooler pirate treasure hunt through the lobby.  We played miniature golf- the course was right next to the pool!  Drayken won!  We played family bingo and Ronin kept winning but she didn't accept any prizes because they were mostly just offering candy that she doesn't eat.  She did enjoy winning over and over again.  The coolest activity we participated in, however, was archery.  Hunter has recently developed an interest in the sport so when we saw that he was old enough to attend the class, we jumped at the chance to have him attend.  It was a really neat class and the Captain even helped run it by offering tips and assistance with the bows and arrows.  I even shot an arrow for the first time!

Big Bad miniature golf players.
Playing Bingo in Community Hall.
Sister trying out the bow and arrows at archery class.






I love this one!

Preschool Pirate Treasure Hunt in the lobby.

7.  Cool gift shop. Hunter and Drayken both bought Jack Sparrow pistols in the gift shop at the resort and Ronin got herself her first teen magazine.  Which she proceeded to read from cover to cover. 

"Hey, let's randomly stop and shoot... and keep reading this magazine while walking."
8.  Pretty Pictures.   I snapped a few of my favorite photos of my kiddos that I've ever taken on this trip.  I think they are insanely gorgeous. 








9.  A Sufficient Farewell.  My sweet girl had such a great time that she didn't want to leave the resort.  The night before we were to leave, she cried and cried and cried.  To help her deal with these emotions, I suggested a ceremonious goodbye.  First we prayed together.  Then we gathered pennies.  We headed to the ocean where we quietly tossed our pennies into the waves while wishing to one day return.  Then we did this: 
It says, "Ronin will be back."
She seemed cheered by the gesture and is looking forward to our return. 

Stay tuned for highlights from Legoland and our short but sweet stay on the island of Captiva!


Like A bona fide life on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* Your trip looks so lovely. Glad you all had such a great time. We are going to the beach this fall - the first beach trip for both my kids - and we can't wait! Counting down the days...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!