Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Family Day Trip to Huntsville: U.S. Space and Rocket Center

Yesterday we all drove, as a family, to Huntsville, AL. We used our museum memberships to get in free at some cool places. The first place we visited was the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. I had wanted to visit that place since I was a little girl. I used to dream of attending space camp there. What an amazing experience that would have been. And it was truly all I ever dreamed of and more. What a great place. And to think, we got in free! If you are in the area and you have even a slight interest in the space program, this is the place for you!











My favorite thing that we saw was the actual mobile home that the moon travelers stayed in for 65 hours following their return to earth. They were quarantined there until medical staff could determine that they were free from "moon germs". Can you imagine? Of course, that is assuming you even buy the whole moon walk thing. I'm one of those folks skeptical about whether the moon landing actually occurred.

Tomorrow, I'll post about our visit to Sci-Quest and the Botanical Gardens.

Like A bona fide life on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!