Monday, January 2, 2012

A Six Year Old Girl

My smart, vivacious, wild, intuitive, energetic, fun, sensitive girl turned six yesterday.

On Friday we presented her with an early gift.
Piggy Paint.
So that she could have her piggies painted before her birthday play date.

"O.M.G.," she said. "I have my own nail polish."

The playdate on Saturday was a huge success. Unfortunately, some friends had to cancel because of sickness but we were excited about the friends who did come.
There were all natural strawberry cupcakes, hot dogs (a birthday tradition it seems), a count down to noon, gorgeous amazing weather

and even hula hooping.

We didn't end up spending any time inside so the centerpiece became irrelevant but I was pretty proud of how this last minute Barbie decoration turned out.


Looks like this is how a six year old girl spends her birthday morning.

After we all hurriedly got ready for church, she quickly opened her gifts.
This one, a Barbie cup, plate, and bowl set was by far her favorite gift.
Something I didn't expect.


After church, we had reserved the bus at Mellow Mushroom, a very special treat.
Ronin got to spend time with her family and open gifts from them.

And she was allowed sweet tea, also a very special treat.

Drayken kept driving us home. He seemed to like the bus.


Showing off her new Barbie movie and her big girl charm necklace.

Throwing this photo in as well... she asked me specifically to not post it on Facebook... so I'm not. Brother Tom Beckwith took this photo at our church's Christmas service and I think it's simply stunning. Isn't it?

Last night, as we were laying in bed getting ready to end our special day, she grabbed a hold of me in a big bear hug and said, "Mom, I want to thank you for giving me such a great birthday." What more could a mom ask for?

Happy 6th birthday, Donut. I can't wait to see what 2012 brings you.



Like A bona fide life on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love that candlelight picture!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!