Thursday, October 6, 2011

Florida Vacation Part 3: My first Major League Baseball Game

I'm not a sports fan. But I am a fan of dates out with the hubby when at all possible. So when the girl decided that she didn't want to go to the Yankees game at Tropicana field after all, I was happy to accompany my man to see his favorite baseball team play what turned out to be a pretty historical game.



We had excellent seats in the front row and a couple of home run balls flew right over our section. If you looked closely, you could see us on tv!


One really cool thing about Tropicana Field, home of the Tamp Bay Rays, is that you can touch and feed sting rays while you watch the game.


While I'm not a fan of Pepsi products, I must admit that this was a pretty interesting way to advertise during the game. Bottles of Pepsi products ran a race. Sierra Mist won.


While I felt pretty out of place at the game, I was excited to see my pals, The B-52's were included in a mural of celebrities who had performed at Tropicana field. Aren't they awesomeness?

I have to admit that it was pretty exciting to be at this game. The "Seinfeld" fan in me was cheering for sure! Unfortunately we were really tired and so we left before the Rays had even scored any points. The game lasted until midnight. When we woke up the next morning we learned that the Rays had won, which was what we were supposed to be hoping for it seems. Apparently we are supposed to be against the Red Sox (even if we are big fans of the show "Cheers") and the Yankees losing this game created an historical loss for the Sox. Um. Okay? Great! I guess... What would Sam Malone think?

Like A bona fide life on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!