Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I CU


“This week we want to…” get together with more friends, start planning our at home Cub Scout camp, decide what recipes to make for the homemade ice cream contest at our VBS, and then rest up for VBS... which is in less than two week and will be exhausting.

“The kids are…” starting to spend more time outside again. Their grandparents gave their dad a broken Barbie jeep and he was able to fix it. Now they have a vehicle in which they can all ride around on outside. They are loving it. Plus the cicadas are gone and the mosquitoes are better and the ticks are nonexistent since their dad put out some poison for them. AND we received some nice sidewalk chalk which is super fun!

“I am learning….” what is finally going to be the thing that keeps my attention. I am going to study comedy. Improv, stand up, writing, sketch comedy. I am going to read as many books as I can get my grubby little hands on. I am going to watch videos and I am going to begin a study of comedy. This is, hands down, the number one thing that I've ever wanted to do. After reading "Bossypants" by Tina Fey and going to see the movie "Bridesmaids" last weekend on a date with the hubby, I have finally seen the light. I felt jealous and angry that I wasn't doing the funny stuff in this book or in the movie and I wanted to be doing it too! So that is when a light bulb went off in my slow brain and I said, "YES! This is what I need to be doing now!" So watch out, readers, I'm about to get funnier. Think you can handle it?

“I am struggling with…” finding time to exercise. Seriously. I want to do it and I need to do it daily. But I'm so busy in the kitchen that I can't seem to fit it in daily. Another one of my issues seems to be that I need to have a built in plan in place. The Couch to 5K program has been great. I've not had to think about why kind of exercise I'm going to do. But I'm starting to crave something else besides running. Like yoga. Or aerobics. Or pilates. And that means there are so many options. I don't do well with options. I want someone to say, "Here, do this exercise three times a week for the next two months. Don't over analyze it." If only.

“This week is the first time….” that I've not felt overly anxious about all kinds of stuff and that I've felt at peace with my plan... my plan to focus on something. There is just something about making a life decision about which you feel good that somehow takes the need to do a lot of other random things out of the equation. Suddenly I no longer feel pressure to write a cook book, use my sewing machine, bake sour dough bread, cure cancer, invent a new contraption, blah diddy blah blah. I'm cool with just moving forward with doing three things: working on my part of the Ridiculous Chocolate business, making a five year plan for my future as a midwife's assistant, and studying comedy. Now I get that whole "I'm in the flow" thing. This is what I'm going to do and I feel great about it! Also, maybe the peace is related to my accepting the fact that I know that I can do whatever I set my mind to... I just need to do it first. I set my mind to breastfeed and I did. I set my mind to have a homebirth I did. I set my mind to graduating college and I did. Now, if I set my mind to studying comedy and eventually producing comedy I will.

I set my mind to making my own yogurt and I did. It worked well. More about that later! :)