Sunday, April 3, 2011

Vegan Peaches and Cream "Ice Cream"

I'm experimenting with dessert alternatives for our family, particularly Hunter. He really enjoys treats and while none of us need sugar, Hunter really doesn't need it. Right now I'm on an ice cream kick. I want to make delicious ice creams that are sugar free or nearly sugar free and that don't make him continue to desire the real ice cream that his dad keeps stashed in our garage freezer.

Today's experiment was a success. Allow me to introduce to you...

Vegan Peaches and Cream "Ice Cream"

10 oz bag of frozen organic peaches
1/2 cup Vanilla So Delicious Coconut Creamer
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond milk
(any milk substitute will do... I would have preferred cononut milk but I had none on hand)
1 tsp vanilla extract/flavoring
2 tsp organic stevia powder

Place all ingredients in your Vita Mix or comparable rockin' blender.
Blend until smooth
Place creamy mixture into a bowl and then place into a freezer
Freeze for about 30 minutes before eating OR freeze and then set out about 1/2 hour prior to serving

Did that make sense? ;)



I forgot to take photos until after it melted some. It looked a lot more like ice cream about 30 minutes prior to the photo shoot:)

Hunter's response: "You need to share this with people."
Ronin's response: "You need to make this more oftenly when you have lots and lots of peaches." (This comment led into a tirade about how I have to teach her my recipes soon because one day she will have children and she will want to make healthy treats for them too. So she'll be watching me to make sure that I'm teaching her the things that I know about healthy foods.)

Let me know if you try the recipe!

My next experiment is going to be a vegan, sugar free coffee "ice cream".

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow and I can try to make a variation of this with frozen berries and the coconut milk - I'll let you know how it goes if I do. Sounds fabulous, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a recipe box that I started for my children. Full of my traditional dishes that they love. (It all started when I realized that my little sister was constantly calling me for directions on how to make "mom's such and such"). I tell my children that when they are grown, they can take the recipes to their new home and always have a piece of me with them. My oldest is especially thankful for this, and often times when I make something really yummy, he insists that I put it in his recipe box. ;) Maybe you could do something similar for Ronin...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to make it tonight! Thanks for the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe with all of our Facebook fans. Peaches and coconut milk are a delectable combination, and I can't wait to try this recipe at home with our coconut milk and creamer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!