Saturday, April 9, 2011

Birding in the Boro

Today was the first "Birding in the Boro" festival hosted by the Discovery Center here in Murfreesboro. These photos are from a bird scavenger hunt that we enjoyed during the festival.



The wetlands attract a great deal of red winged black birds. We saw several on our walk.

Ronin and I took turns writing down the names of the birds we identified during the hunt.

I'm not sure what this bird is called but it's super cute!

There were several geese on the water today.

And every time we walk the wetlands, I spot a turtle on a log.

The highlight of our walk were these two ducks. We just chanced upon them hanging out right next to one another very close to the edge of the water nearest to us. It was such a rare treat to see them so up close and personal.

I remember as a child that my dad was very interested in birds. I could not care less about them but perhaps it was in my blood after all because I find them to be fascinating now. I'm so glad that Murfreesboro Parks and Rec now has a birding program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!