Saturday, March 26, 2011

What We've Been Reading Post 1

We are linking at

We finished Betsy Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace.
Ronin says "It was cool. My favorite part was the baby part."

We finished Henry and Beezus by Beverly Cleary
About a boy and his struggles to obtain that one perfect bike.

We will finish today Tom Jefferson: A Boy in Colonial Days.
We learned a great deal about the boy who would go on to write the Declaration of Independence. Now we know that he was down to earth, responsible, selfless, studied hard, and believed that everyone had the right to a free education. I swear I knew none of that before I read this book.

We have read a little from many of our Ambleside year 1 books and the Child's Story Bible.

We continue to read and enjoy "The Simpsons" comics with which we have been blessed by many friends.

And these were our favorite picture books from the latest trip to the library.

Guji Guji by Chih-Yuan Chen

The Best Birthday Party Ever by Jennifer Larue Huget

Blueberries For Sal by Robery McCloskey

Don't Slam the Door by Dori Chaconas



4 comments:

  1. Love Blueberries for Sal!

    I've been following you since Hunter's diagnosis and it has truly been a blessing to see the miracles performed on his and your family's behalf. Looking forward to what the future holds for all of you!

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Where did you find a copy of the Tom Jefferson book? Sounds like one my kids would love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Julie,
    Thank you so much for dropping by! I appreciate you keeping up with our family and chiming in to let me know :)

    @theabundantlife,
    My mil used to be a children's librarian at a school for a very very long time. She saved a tremendous amount of old books from the garbage and the Tom Jefferson book was among them. She has several more in the series that I look forward to reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Birthday book sounds like the one daughter would definitely enjoy! Thanks for joining WMCIR and sharing your picks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!