Saturday, March 19, 2011

Vegan Cashew Creamy Topping

After Hunter and I made these cookies for his birthday, I decided that it was high time I started experimenting with cashews. We had some thawed strawberries in the refrigerator that needed to be used up. They were just calling for some cream on top and to be served as dessert this evening. I came up with a fabulous vegan cashew creamy topping. Here I try to give you a recipe :)

Put all of the following in a blender (I use the Vitamix).

About 1 cup raw cashews
About 1 and 1/2 Tblsp agave syrup
About 2 tspn Stevia powder
About 1 Tblsp Lemon Juice
About 1 Tblsp So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer Vanilla flavored
About 1 1/2 Tblsp Earth Balance
Blend and serve

I plan to make this often once berries are in season. I think it will make a wonderful topping for blueberries, black berries, and raspberries. It would also make a nice dip for apples, pineapple, and melon.

We topped ours with organic granola to give it a crunchy texture as well.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so delicious, we can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!