Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Toddler Tuesdays: Play doh

Between leukemia and older kids just naturally being easier to write about, I often feel as if Drayken is a bit of an afterthought here at a bona fide life. This is why I've decided to start "Toddler Tuesdays", an opportunity for me to focus on what the little guy in our family is up to and maybe even motivation for me to be a bit more creative when it comes to entertaining him and playing with him.

Here we played with some Play Doh. I asked him, "D, would you like to play with Play Doh or color in a coloring book together?" He said, "Play."

I showed him how to roll out the dough and then press the cookie cutters down into the dough.

He examined his tools very closely.

He experimented with unique ways to use the dough and the cutters.

He had fun pouring the balls of dough out of the containers and putting them back in.

And he was very interested in the way that the dough felt in his hands.

I'd love to see what you are doing with your toddlers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!