Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Years Birthday at the Hope Lodge

I didn't take many photos while we were at the Hope Lodge. Mostly because we weren't very happy there. We weren't allowed to have food or drink in our room and therefore had to go downstairs every time we wanted to eat or drink something. Hunter wasn't feeling well most of the time that we were there so dragging him downstairs several times a day became nearly impossible. After I had been with him there from Saturday-Tuesday, I made up my mind to tell the transplant team that they either needed to find us a new place to stay (we would have gone to Ronald McDonald House but they didn't have space for us) or put us back in the hospital. Or they needed to let us go home. After talking to me about how Hunter wasn't eating or drinking and was also becoming depressed, they agreed to let us keep our room at Hope Lodge in case things at home didn't go well but sent us on our way to Murfreesboro. I am pleased to report that we were able to turn in our keys to the Hope Lodge an officially move Hunter back home on Friday.

On my first day at Hope Lodge (January 1), we celebrated Ronin's birthday together. Here are a few shots from that morning.







2 comments:

  1. That's sad they wouldn't allow you to have food in your room. I'm sure your family is not the only one who had difficulty with this. There must be a lot of patients who don't feel well enough to leave their rooms.

    Anyway, I'm glad you're out of there. Hopefully, someday they'll change the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Dina, their explanation was that they didn't want to fumigate bc cancer patients cannot tolerate the chemicals (a valid point). The facility was lovely and well kept and we appreciated being able to stay there. It just wasn't very kid friendly. And especially not good for a child with a lowered immune system.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!