Sunday, December 19, 2010

Milkshake date

Last week Ronin and I had a few appointments to do in town so we dropped Drayken off with their grandparents and made great use of the girl time. I asked her if there was anything in particular that she would really like to have for lunch and, just as I would have guessed, her immediate response was, "A milkshake!" This child lives for the junk food. And for months now she's been asking for a milkshake. I *think* she actually meant a Frappucino from Starbucks now that it's all over and done with, but she seemed to enjoy what we ended up doing. If you live in Murfreesboro then you have probably heard of Reeves-Sain. It's a locally owned drug store that also has a boutique store front (with adorable unique items) and a real working soda fountain. I'm sure that you can imagine that this is not the type of place that I would frequently want to eat at but when your kid asks for a milkshake, you want to take her to do the "milkshake" experience up right. Well, at least I did. She claimed that it was very important to her that I order a milkshake too. Turned out that we could have gotten just one and split it. My tummy was less than happy with me... and two days later I started getting sick from all of the dairy. Oh the things we do for our children. In addition to our milk shakes, I ordered the largest salad ever which fed me three more times and my husband finished it off. Ronin ordered a tuna fish sandwich which she said was good. After we had our lunch, I carefully chose an ornament from the gift shop which I later took to a Ladies' Holiday Party for women from my church which I attended with a woman who's husband apparently owns aforementioned drug store. What a small world (or very large church).





1 comment:

  1. Hello my name is Allison Sipple, you can find me on Facebook if you are so inclined to!

    I happened to stumble on your post through the Zevia FB page and I got routed to your blog here. Both of our boys share the same name Hunter, how beautiful!

    I am so happy for you that your boy is getting better, his story really pulled at my heart strings, being a mother of 2 myself.

    I could not let this chance go by without letting you know that we might have something to help you and your family from a nutritional standpoint.

    I, too, have a website to help people on their journey to wellness...www.thebalanceyouneed.com

    There you will find wonderful testimonials to our flagship product Body Balance which is whole-food liquid nutrition! I can't stop thinking about how this could potentially help Hunter's recovery!

    I am not trying to sell you, please do not think of it like that...sometimes I see "a potential need" and act on it. It may or may not be for you and your family :)

    Let me know what your thoughts are!
    You and your family are absolutely beautiful <3

    Have a truly blessed day..

    Allison

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!