Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Celebrating Daddy's birthday and Christmas morning, with a twist

This past week, we had to cram an awful lot of celebrating into only a few days. We were celebrating the Captain's birthday, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the big step of moving forward towards healing for Hunter. I tricked the kids into thinking that I had ordered a cake from Whole Foods that said "Happy Birthday Mom and Dad" but it actually looked like this:


Isn't it gorgeous?

It was delicious too!

My in laws brought over some balloons for our festivities. Those are always a big hit!

And we even managed to surprise the Captain with some cool gifts that he actually seemed to like. I found the Star Wars Guess Who? and the South Park ornament (for ninety cents) at the beginning of the year. I had hoped that by the time we gave the game to Michael that Hunter would be a Star Wars fan and turns out, he is. He took the game with him to the hospital for him and his dad to play. It's a good one to play over and over again.

We had breakfast in our new Christmas pjs.

And I spent the better part of an hour taking holiday photos.

But I'm holding out faith that we'll all be able to at least see one another on Christmas.


2 comments:

  1. Great photos! The cake looks great and I love the Christmas PJ's! And I LOVE your yellow kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the blending of the holidays/seasons (the kids are holding pumpkins while wearing christmas pjs) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!