Saturday, October 30, 2010

And the process begins...

We had our big appointment at Vanderbilt where Ronin and Hunter received a battery of tests to make sure they are both in tip top shape to move forward to transplant. Honestly, while I try to remain positive and upbeat, this day was just sort of a nightmare. For me at least. Talking about things, hearing about possible side effects and outcomes, knowing that life is about to get super intense for a long time. It's all just too much right now. I'm so thankful to finally have another adult around with whom I can talk and who can give me some emotional support. That is critical for me and it might just be my saving grace.

Ronin was pretty impressed with the Pooh sticker she got on her wrist band.


Hunter spends a lot of time watching "The Annoying Orange" on his dad's phone when they are at the hospital. A lot of time.



Just sits there and does it like a pro. Amazing.

Trick or Treating at the clinic. Candy for the cancer patients. Sigh.




Chest x-ray

I voted for this pig in the cute pumpkin contest.

Mother and her two children sculpture inside of one of the lovely gardens at the hospital.

This was one of the longest days of my life.

Ronin invented some new dance moves that I call the farting armpits. Enjoy.


5 comments:

  1. constantly thinking of you all...praying for God's peace in difficult times

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like an extremely tough day among some very tough months.

    I wish for happier and easier days in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what to say except that you are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all in this challenging time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!