Friday, September 3, 2010

Stocking our Freezer/Food help

I've had several inquiries about helping stock our freezer for the upcoming months. We have plenty and I do mean plenty of freezer space and this would actually be an excellent way to help us. It will be especially helpful during the month of November when I will a single mom taking care of two kids.

Smaller quantities (like enough to feed one adult, one child and one toddler) would be helpful. If you are making a pot of stew, soup, chili, etc and you have leftovers, throw it into a freezer bag or container and put our names on it! That would be incredibly helpful.

Here are some ideas of things that would be great to have on hand:

healthy muffins/breads/cakes

frozen cut up fruit for smoothies/sorbets

casseroles

soups/stews/chilis

veggie dishes

Amy's brand cheeseless pizzas

homemade broths

homemade pizza crusts

We aren't strict vegetarians but honestly, I rarely eat meat. We also rarely eat dairy and prefer to avoid that (but we love a good lasagna or cheese topped casserole as a special occasion). We are not gluten free but prefer to avoid "white" flour.

In addition to stocking the freezer, other things that would be helpful:

cut up veggies for me to use in my crock pot for soups or stews (like washed and chopped organic carrots, onions, potatoes, celery, etc)
cut up fruits
soaked and cooked beans

Things we do not eat ever under any circumstance:

anything with artificial colors or flavors, hydrogenated oils, hfcs (or really sugar in general), candies, anything that requires a microwave

Also, invite us over for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We really enjoy getting out and being with friends while Daddy and brother are at the hospital. Plan a mom's night or breakfast for me and my friends to attend together. I'm going to need to be around my friends during this time more than usual. :)

Thanks so much for all of the support. I appreciate it so very much.

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like to help stock the Jones' freezer, please let me know! I'd be glad to get you a list of items that they need/want, what they can/can't eat, etc! We'll consolidate the deliveries so we can let them be a family and not need to coordinate a bunch of food deliveries! :-)
    Jill Speight
    jill.speight@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!