Saturday, September 11, 2010

Making America's Music

Remember when I took the kids to the Discovery Center and they looked around at the "Making America's Music" exhibit and you read about it here? And how I said that we might be on an NPT Arts Break? Well we were and you can see that here.

I made plans with Sherry and Gerrick a couple of months ago to come enjoy the exhibit with us on a day that wasn't so crowded. Despite Hunter being in the hospital, we went ahead and followed through with our original plans. I'm so glad we did. It's always a treat to see our friends.

The exhibit ends tomorrow. I hope you had a chance to see it if you are local. If you aren't local, keep your eyes open. Perhaps it will come to a museum near you!

Playing the drums in front of a kick arse mural of hip hop artists!

Ronin posing with her aunts and uncles: Fred, Keith, Cindy, Ricky (may he rest in peace) and Kate. We love you, B-52s. Forever and ever!

There was a little guest book where you could answer questions about your musical preferences.
In case you cannot read it, Ronin said that her favorite artist is Lady Gaga, her favorite song is "Best of Both Worlds" and she prefers Fast music.

Rockin' the keyboard in the "tour bus".


Testing out their jazz club vibes.

Beating on some pipes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!