Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Music Mania at Discovery Center

The kids have been feeling icky the past few days so it was nice to be able to finally get out of the house and attend a "Music Mania" session at the Discovery Center today. I had it on our checklist for the day and it was awesome that I was able to follow through with that task. The center was crammed full of people so we are going to make a point of returning on perhaps a Sunday afternoon. They have this really awesome Making America's Music exhibit right now so we want to go back and actually look in detail at the different parts of the exhibit instead of making a mad dash through the thing! But today I had to make sure and snap a couple of photos, particularly of the B-52s record on the wall in the Rock and Roll section of the exhibit. :)
We enjoyed a folk sing along with a fellow homeschool mom and her dad. And NPT was there video taping an "Arts Break" so we might be on that! Cool!





We also made a pit stop at the library to get our half way prizes for the Summer Reading Program. I LOVE our local library. The staff feels like family. (actually, my mother-in-law is a part time staff member there right now so technically we do have family there).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!