Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kids Creative Arts Camp

Yesterday we had the chance to attend a FREE art camp here in Murfreesboro. This annual art camp is hosted by an organization called Kids For Creative Arts. They are a local 501(c)3 and they rely on grants from the Tennessee Arts Commission. The camp we attended yesterday was for smaller children but we are also signed up for another camp which will take place on Friday, July 30th. This camp will be bigger and better, but also free. I have offered to volunteer with this organization. While I may not be able to run my own 501(c)3 at this season in my life, I am happy to offer up my time to teach art to some kids once in a while. I'm excited about this prospect.

If you are interested in signing your child up for the camp in July, here are some details:

This camp is FREE!!!

Camp is July 30, 8:30- Noon (ages 5-7 N.B. Children 6 and under must be accompanied by an adult for the full camp) and July 31, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. (ages 8-17)

Art Photography, Story Telling, Water Colors, Oil, Acrylic, Charcoal, Finger Painting, Sponge, Pastels, Clary Art, Jewelry Making

VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED!!!!

For more information and to register call 615.907.5350

This camp will take place at Patterson Park Community Center.

And below are some photos of the artists at work and the art projects :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!