Sunday, May 16, 2010

A field trip to the Arts Center of Cannon County

Last week the two older kids and I attended a play about Amelia Earhart at the Arts Center of Cannon County. This place always impresses me. They are rural and so they receive a lot of funding because of that fact. The people who run it are professional and creative and there is always something new and exciting going on there. I saw an episode of "Tennessee Crossroads" about it and learned that they now have a museum and cafe. It's about 15 minutes from Murfreesboro so if you are local and thought that it was REALLY far away, it's not. It's worth checking out. The play was interesting and I enjoyed seeing some other homeschoolers that I know at the field trip. One day I hope to get involved with one of their productions!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great day, and the center looks like a real find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've missed a lot of good stuff. The last post I read was about healthy dirt cups. I must find out more about this Cannon County Arts Center. It looks like a great place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!