Thursday, April 15, 2010

Planning our Days

Out of desperation for less arguing, more peace and happiness, and for me to feel "together", I've put together some "plans" for the rest of our year. I won't call these school plans but instead these are merely life plans. I am trying to stay at home more and to utilize our days more efficiently. Without planning ahead, I'm floundering about and I feel overwhelmed.

I spent all day working on these plans. I have them broken down into 7 "sessions" with a "field trip" week dividing each session. Here is the first one to start next week.

Session 1

· Bible

· Pray Daily

· Folk music: Folk Alley and Pandora

· Read lots of books related to topics and on reading lists: Birds, Amelia Earhart, Frogs, wetlands, caterpillars

· Poetry for Boys and Girls

Week 1: April 18-24

· Ps 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

· Handwriting

· Put together “in our yard” project pack (crayons, markers, scissors, glue stick, paper)

· Musical instrument sites/book

· Take pictures of birds

· Watch “the life of birds”

· Birds backpack @ Barfield

Week 2: April 25-May 1

· HS Show & Tell

· Ps 100:3
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

· Handwriting

· Print photos of birds

· Identify birds

· Watch “the life of birds”

· Puppet Show @ NPL

Week 3: May 2- May 8

· Take pictures of birds

· Handwriting

· Pastels

· May 7th, Star Party @ MTSU

· Amelia Earhart, May 8 @ Cannon County

Week 4: May 9-May 15

· Handwriting

· Print photos of birds

· Identify birds

· The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County: NPL Puppet Show

· Make a doll

· Drawing bird project

Week 5: May 16-22

· Discovery Center Wetlands trip

· Caterpillar project

· Handwriting

· Study One Folk song

Week 6: May 23-29: Field Trip Week

· Musical instrument sites/book

· Handwritiing

· Ps 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

· Study one Hymn

· Long Hunter State Park


1 comment:

  1. I know you swear my schedules are insane, but this is what they look like. They aren't that crazy or overboard. Just an outline that leaves room for breathing. I add times only in our "daily routine" for Joe because he likes to know what is next, down to when lunchtime is. That is just who he is. :) See, we aren't that different. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!