Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our Own Yard Project: Birds Part 1

I've been taking photos of birds with the purpose of identifying them, printing them, and then putting them into a book I think we will make called "Our Own Yard". I also intend to include flowers, plants, and trees. Maybe some insects too. I guess I'll just let the project organically take shape as time goes by. But this week I've managed to photograph and (hopefully) identify three different birds.

Maybe you all can help me out here.

I think that this is a mockingbird.


And these two photos are of the same cardinal.

This has to be an American Robin I'd imagine.

5 comments:

  1. That does look like a mockingbird. We had one last year that would CHASE the cat from the back yard to the front just a squaking. They can be aggressive birds, but the cat probably ate one of her babies. Love this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those are all correct identifications.

    I think this is a neat project. You guys have such a great yard, it should really keep you busy for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures of the birds! You had a nice view!
    hardwood furniture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post...I have an assignment for my fourteen year old to figure out what the bird is that keeps coming to our fence...what can a say, a home school mom of 21 years never misses an opportunity for learning. I think I am going to try to get a picture of it now.
    Stopped by for the first time. I love the profile comment you made on yourself...weirdo...well I guess I count as one also.
    Blessings,
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the help and all of the great comments! I'll keep you up to date!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!