Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our Holy Week

This year I did my best to incorporate some Holy week related activity into our days leading up to Resurrection Sunday. This was a wonderful experience for me and I look forward to doing it again next year.
We started our week off with a Palm Sunday Spring basket. I included a simple hummingbird feeder, some all natural gummies, their special eggs from their grandmother (I was able to find one similar for Drayken) and a special bird house/bird feeder combo. I think we will make this a yearly tradition of finding something lovely to welcome spring to beautify our yard. I'm always wanting to buy things like that and it seems to make a lot more sense than spending money on toys. It's something we can all enjoy.

Here is our new birdhouse/bird feeder. Lovely, no?

Our Last Supper. Donut is sharing the wine with baby brother.

One day we got together with friends for the viewing of an animated movie about Christ's death and resurrection, Easter cookies (the ones that are supposed to be empty after they are made) and for this lovely cross craft. The cookies were a total bust so I didn't bother to take a picture of them.

He-Man spoke to his dad and had him put together this awesome Easter basket for the family. Super sweet.

Donut hunting her Resurrection Eggs.

A few weeks ago I had a few friends over and we made sets of Resurrection Eggs for our kids. We did it like a pot luck where each of us brought 8 of four different things. We used this site as a reference. I was pleased with the way they turned out. Here the Captain is telling Donut the story of Christ's death and Resurrection using the stuff inside of the eggs.

And, finally, we have Drayken trying to wear a basket.

Hope your Easter was a lovely time for everyone in your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!