Friday, January 22, 2010

Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Hail

Yesterday we survived the great hail storm of 2010. In January. Because this is Tennessee, ya'll. Later last night a tornado touched down just an hour from us. Crazy weather.

But about the hail. It was already a weird day because the Captain must have drank a Red Bull or something and was all about gettin' stuff done. He had worked endlessly in the garage and posted at least 10 things to sell on Craigslist. He had just taken apart a piece of exercise equipment that he'd listed and already sold when this amazing hail storm started. I was really excited and barely got nervous. And after the Good Friday storm of last year, this was a welcomed change in me.

The Captain was able to get some pretty awesome photos.




After it was all over, the kids put on an interesting get up and went outside to play in the hail. They got soaking wet from jumping into the piles of hail on the trampoline and slipping down on their bottoms. He-Man brought in a bowl of the ice and after a while it melted and was strangely similar to the ice from Sonic, which I love.

The great big huge dogs from next door must have gotten super scared because somehow they got out of their fenced-in and gated yard and into ours. I looked outside to see my husband chasing three giant dogs with a sword. Only at my house. Wish I'd gotten pictures of that!

Somehow Drayken slept through the entire thing, despite large pieces of ice hitting the bedroom windows (and bear in mind that we have a metal roof). Of course, a little while later I went into his siblings' room to get something, turned on the light, and THAT woke him up. Snicker.

Other people in Murfreesboro posted on Facebook that there was a beautiful double rainbow. I didn't get to see it but I love that God keeps bringing these rainbows to my city to remind us of his promise.

2 comments:

  1. We didn't get any hail here. I've never seen so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That hail looks amazing!! We had golfball sized hail here once. It's soooo loud! How did Drayken ever sleep through that? Love that they got to play outside afterwards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!