Sunday, January 10, 2010

Friends are an answer to prayers

For many years I have prayed and prayed and prayed that I would find some good friends. You know, the ones who make you feel at home. The ones who you know aren't going anywhere and won't flake out and decide that you are too this or not enough that for them. The kinds who are just weird enough to get along with you but not so weird that you feel you should probably not tell them your deepest darkest secrets.


2009 was an especially difficult year for me and my family. We just had a tough time. But I can honestly say that amidst all of the chaos that ensued, the Lord has begun to answer this prayer of mine.

So, if you are fortunate enough to already have a fabulous group of friends who get you just the way you are, remember to thank God for them today. And if you are still seeking those friends out, don't be discouraged for the Lord hears your pleas and He will answer in His time. There were several times over the years when I assumed that God was answering my prayer by sending certain people into my life. Then I jumped too quickly into the relationship and everyone got hurt. I feel that this time is different and I have a peace, a calm, an understanding that there is no reason to rush things because I am an answer to my friends' prayers too.

Thank you Lord for giving me this peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!