Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm a Barbie Girl

I was once one of those mothers who stated that her daughter would NEVER play with Barbie. Why? Mostly because I played with Barbies in what I later deemed an inappropriate manner. I don't even know anymore whether my "weird play" was normal and healthy or the result of being allowed to watch "Moonlighting" but I do know that it was probably not the Barbie's fault. I'm sure I would have acted that stuff out with other dolls if I didn't have the Barbies available. I Loved Barbie. I truly did.

Recently I've been inspired to start being flexible. Since being flexible about diet is totally not okay with me, I'm going to be flexible about Barbie. Yes, that was the thing I decided that I could back off about and I've truly embraced it. Donut has a Barbie now (a really neat, simple ballerina doll). And we've watched several of the movies thanks to TIVO, the library, and her aunt and cousin. I can't believe how good they are. The music and dancing are spectacular. The story lines are pretty interesting. And the girls are smart, kind, and strong. I like that. Who wouldn't? I like that Barbie is a pretty blonde haired, blue eyed girl who is a fighter. My daughter can truly relate to her. Our favorite movie has been "Barbie and the Three Muskateers". It was awesome! Pink and swords. Too bad that Barbie didn't exist when I was a little girl... maybe I might have become a fan of the blade soon than I have!

I'm so thankful for the willingness to change and to try things that once caused me fear. As a result, my daughter and I are enjoying something together that I never imagined I'd like again. I'm hoping to be able to get her this Barbie eventually. And of course, I'd like to get myself these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!