Thursday, November 12, 2009

TV taping, real live crabs, bargain books, oh my!


Interesting how now that I have my hands full, literally, with three children, it's almost impossible to blog about what actually happened on a specific date. So, here I am blogging about our day a week later. But it was a great day so I have to blog about it!

We started the day with leaving the baby at home with dad while we headed to Nashville to Ms. Jodi's house for a taping of "Talk of the Town", a well-known local television program. You can go here to see our clip! After the taping, we headed over to a strip mall where we took a tour of an international grocery store which was quite a learning experience for all of us. It was super gross, in my humble opinion, and I was thankful beyond belief that I have the option of shopping at places like Whole Foods because if I only shopped for food in places that smelled so bad then I'd probably starve to death. He-man was fascinated by the blue crabs and kept repeating that he could stay in that place all day long. To each his own, huh? Donut, on the other hand, kept repeating that she smelled dead pig. I don't know if it was dead pig but it certainly smelled dead, darlin'. After that interesting field trip we went next door to the Goodwill where we scored a load of bargains on books, sweaters, and I even bought myself a little special something.

Check out all of the great books we picked up on our shopping adventure... for about ten bucks!






Also, for some reason Channel 5 has repeatedly invited Artsy Mamas back for appearances. If you go to this link you will find a couple of other interviews that I did a while ago.

7 comments:

  1. Where did you find all those great books?! When I find a bunch of bargain books my heart starts pounding....pure excitement.

    I miss Whole Foods....so.much! We don't have them in NY. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video clip simply because I really enjoy watching bloggers I know on video - it's funny that we all follow each other and don't really know what the others sound like or what their mannerisms are. So, it was cool to hear your voice! Great score on the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great video clip!!
    You looked beautiful and the kids did great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! Thanks for posting all the links. The interview went well. I loved the one with you and Amanda also!
    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Good for you. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks friends! I appreciate the sweet feedback. I had not planned for the kids to be onscreen and so they were snackin' away on some freeze dried blueberries and the whole thing was really quick. That is why they are so FILTHY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we stear clear of that market - it scares me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!