Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Never Gonna Be Bored

Yesterday the kids and I got into the car and headed out to enjoy the beautiful day and our educational freedom. Before we pulled out of the driveway, I popped in our Adam and the Couch Potatoes cd. You might remember these guys from this post... or not. It's been a while! Anyway, so I was listening to the lyrics of the song "Never Gonna Be Bored" and it really struck me as almost an anthem for unschooling and sorta sums up my educational philosophy, not only for my kids but for myself as well. I can remember being bored as a child... during the summer. On weekends. But only after I had started school. I didn't do preschool or MDO. I stayed at home with my mom which was pretty unusual in the early 80's. I guess once I started school, I could no longer come up with things to preoccupy myself. Anyway, my kids aren't bored very often at all and whenever they are, I just throw out a few suggestions of things they could do and they always figure out something else on their own before I'm even finished speaking. So check out the song. It's rockin'. Check out their cd. Check them out live if you are local because I believe these folks are going big places and you are sure to have loads of fun. Thanks for the fun family friendly music guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!