Wednesday, November 25, 2009

another year older

I've been cooking. That's why I've not been blogging. Oh, and reading. Particularly, my Bible. But I'm not apologizing because I only blog when I feel like it and I'm under no obligation to blog when I don't feel like it. I'm just sayin'.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. And my 32nd birthday. After the hard road I've had to travel in order to get to where I am today, I'm excited to say that I feel younger than I did six months ago... or 10 years ago for that matter. So, age truly is just a number.

For my birthday, my sweet husband got me another juicer. Because we'd traded our first one in for a "better" one. Better, in this particular case, turned out to mean more difficult to put together and clean. So after not juicing regularly, we are back, baby! And I'm LOVING this new juicer. And the ginger, carrot, celery, lemon, orange juice, thank you very much.

I love the happy birthday messages I'm already receiving on facebook. :) And the pink tool kit for my car from my in-laws. A few weeks ago I took the kids in Marshall's and I saw a skirt that I loved and I told He-Man, "Hey, remember this skirt for my birthday." Well, he did. But no one will take him to the store to get it. It's the thought that counts, though. Sweet, huh?

This year I'm going to work on incorporating exercise back into my life, reading the overview of the Bible 2 week plans in my student Bible, certain areas of my marriage, and learning scripture. Otherwise, I ike my life and plan to keep moving forward with purpose and authenticity.

Tomorrow, or the next day, we'll do a Thanksgiving post.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends. I hope you are as blessed as we are.

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday! I have a sometimes-on-Thanksgiving birthday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MANDY!! And Happy Thanksgiving, too! I hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!