Friday, October 16, 2009

Zoobs (and a related rant)

If you are visiting from Top Five Friday at Superheroes and Princesses, welcome! Hope you will comment and come back to see me!

I can't wait to tell you about this toy we have discovered! I've seen Zoobs around here and there but they always cost more than I was able to spend and my kids never actually asked for them so, I would pass them up. But recently I went into the Parent Teacher Store (do NOT go in there unless you have money to spend. It's dangerous.) and for some reason they had one particular set of Zoobs on clearance in their back room. I couldn't believe my luck. This was a special set that had a lot of foam pieces but it also had a LOT of Zoobs. I got it for 40% off and then I'm pretty sure that the nice lady gave me an extra discount. Either way, I was tickled because I knew that they would be a big hit.

Lately the kids have been enjoying Legos and those are a fabulous toy. But when you have a baby who is quickly becoming mobile and has learned to grab and cram everything within reach into his mouth, Legos become a threat! What's so awesome about Zoobs is that they come in one size... too big to swallow! And the pieces are sturdy. You'd have to work super hard to break these things.

I've been thrilled to see how enthusiastic the kids are about building with the Zoobs. We have all sorts of building toys but none of them keep their attention like the Zoobs do. The package came with five levels of instruction manuals. Each one builds upon the last. Well, they are still working on the first one. I love to watch He-Man study the pictures really closely in order to figure out how the pieces fit. I admit, even I have started playing and building with Zoobs! It's addictive.

So, if you are looking for a great, generic, educational toy that will provide hours of fun and will help build your kids critical thinking skills, Zoobs might just be the right toy for you.

What does He-Man say about Zoobs?
"I like them. Because they are cool. And awesome."

What does Donut say about Zoobs?
"I think they are awesome. They are great. That's sweet because they don't break."

On a side note... speaking of toys. I have been catching myself lately justifying the purchasing of toys. I was thinking about how to write about Zoobs and at first I was going to write something about how I typically don't go around buying toys for my kids in the middle of October or something similar to that. Then I caught myself and realized that I don't have to justify it. I think it's disrespectful of me to think that buying toys for my children is anything less than an investment in them and their learning process. Especially since I don't spend a ton of money on curriculum. It's not like these toys are total junk. They are a good, quality learning tool. So for now I'll be working on this mind set and the other day I even made another random purchase and decided to go ahead and start using it and not save it for stockings... I'll "review" that purchase next time.

4 comments:

  1. Those look really fun. Definitely something Eli would enjoy. I'll have to track them down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you convinced me, I need to buy Zoobs! I have never even heard of Zoobs, but they sound awesome! I know my kids will love them. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Superheroes and Princesses. It sounds like a great toy for the future - thanks for writing about it. I hope your children will enjoy it for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, we have some of those(hand me downs) I'm going to have to pull them out ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!