Saturday, September 26, 2009

A reception for Daphne



Last Sunday the kids and I attended a surprise reception for Daphne McIntosh, my friend and my midwife. She was the midwife who attended Draykie's birth. Two weeks ago, she had her second daughter and has now decided to take a few years off from midwifery in order to be home with her girls. The reception was planned and hosted by Mary Anne, her partner. It was such a lovely time. I met some people I'd wanted to meet and met some people I didn't realize that I wanted to meet. The food was amazing. Don't even get me started talking about the carrot cake from Whole Foods. Just see for yourself. In all seriousness, this was the first time we attended a party where I didn't make the kids scrape the icing off of their cake. They were excited about that! I hope that now that Daphne will be a stay-at-home mom, we'll be able to see her socially once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!