Wednesday, September 2, 2009

He's Writing!!

A love note to me, a love note to his sister, and a list of colors and robots and words he found in a "Wall-E" book. Last night, when he was doing all of this, you could just see the sheer joy of accomplishment on his face. More proof that unschooling works. Also what works is bribery. A couple of weeks ago he had to finish half of two works books in order to earn his remote control EVE. The real reason I "forced" him to work in workbooks is because I knew that he could write and he just needed the motivation to prove it to himself. Now he's writing. So maybe a bit of slight force occasionally isn't so bad too :).

11 comments:

  1. "More proof that unschooling works. Also what works is bribery." ROFLOL. You are too funny! But I totally know what you mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Bribery, I mean motivation, works well here too. C just finished reading the second set of Bob books because he was anxious to get a special toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!

    I love kid's writing.

    I think it's fine to "force" something every so often...even for us unschoolers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the support ladies! i always know i can count on ya'll to get the realities of parenting and unschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be so proud of him! What great writing!! Emily loves Wall-E too... it's such a cute movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! It's so fun to see them start reading, writing, daydreaming, playing. I'm so glad we get to SEE all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness how sweet and so cute! I love his little drawing!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess they all just need a little nudge every once in a while. :)

    BTW, your status teasers on your Facebook badge are "almost" enough to make me want to finally sign on to Facebook. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wall-e has taken over my house, valerie!

    me too, amy. me too.

    heh heh heh, sherry. let the evils of facebook consume you. it's not likev you aren't online all day anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love Wall-E, too.

    And I love lovenotes. Love, love, lovenotes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!