Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A fun library homeschool playdate

The Green Hills library in Nashville (very close to my Whole Foods and Trader Joes) is a nice place to take the family! We headed there for the "Dolls and Books" exhibit and while we were there managed to meet the Tooth Fairy (a dental hygienist from the health department who read tooth related books, did a little tooth brushing demonstration complete with costumes and puppets. She even looked inside the kids' mouths and gave free toothbrushes and handouts. It was pretty cool considering we've been working on upping our toothbrushing lately. After the story time, we all headed outside to enjoy a picnic lunch under a bunch of shade trees. It was great to make new friends and to catch up with ones we'd not seen in way too long.








After our trip to the library, we made our way to Panera where we three hungry people shared bagels and a photo.

Then we went to Davis Kidd to search for this book. We didn't get it. But we did get this one. And we also met up with my new amazing wonderful beautiful soul sister Katrina and her little man.

It was a great day and I was so proud of myself for driving on the interstate without getting nervous. The drive home gave me three sleeping kiddos and the chance to catch up with one of my old neighbors via telephone. That was a blessing!

3 comments:

  1. Great photos and thanks for the link. Looking forward to getting together SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I can't wait to see you girls again! Maybe we should do a gilmore marthon visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I should check some other libraries sometimes. I'm not far from Green Hills either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!