Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Swap!

Tearing into the package as soon as it arrived!
Checking out the handmade book.
Creating the index card book with Donut.

A trip to the post office was tons of fun!
I posted here a while back about participating in something called Summer Swap. Well, we received the package from his partner last week! He was so excited about the package coming. Thank you again, K and E, for the wonderful gift. The package included a handmade book (with a great zoo map he can't seem to stop talking about) and a sand dollar which he quickly placed in his treasure chest. There was also a fun Tinker Toys book. He immediately got out the Tinker Toys and got to work on some of the projects! He-Man also enjoyed creating a unique package for E as well. He made an index card booklet (he picked out, cut, glued, taped all of it himself. I just did the writing.) In E's package, we also included some all natural treats, some color sheets of He-Man's favorite things (pigs, ALF, Wall-E, baseball and then one of TN for good measure). I threw in a local newspaper in which I was quoted this week and something special for E's mommy because she's been having a tough time lately. Hope they like their package as much as we liked theirs!

Check out Miller Moments to see a post about the experience from their perspective.

4 comments:

  1. It's been really fun getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating in the swap. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys LOVED being part of this swap. I was actually surprised by how much they loved it.

    Nice to see your kids were as enthusiastic about it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great getting to know you too, K!

    Thank you, Christy, for organizing this great activity.

    Z&T, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the swap too. Both of my kids really loved it. Sadly, I never heard back from Donut's pen pal and I feel terrible that she didn't get to participate. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!