Saturday, August 1, 2009

Meet Chewie, the newest member of our family


We've always known that we would eventually get a dog. He had to be small, short haired, and I preferred that he be a free rescue dog instead of one that had been bred for profit. It took us a while, but we finally found him. I had a dream about a dog. The next day or the day after that, I got an email from our church with a note about a dog. I asked for pictures. When I saw them, I knew he was THE dog. The lady received several responses but she decided that we were her first choice because we homeschooled, had three kids, and, as she later learned, we have quite a bit of land. We were the perfect people to give Chewie a "forever home". He's a Chihuahua/miniature pinscher mix. He was born on April 11. And he's really great about going pee and poo outside. So, I like him. I'm not a huge animal fan but if I have to have a dog, he's a darned good one to have.

What do you think?





As a new dog owner, I would love any information about natural dog care.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, congrats on the new addition! Chewie is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea tree oil shampoo is great for killing and repelling fleas and ticks! And the kids can help give him baths in that stuff with no worries about pesticides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is definitely a cute little tyke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one cute pup!
    Looks like he fits in beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being in the middle of all the flowing ideas!
    A great feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!