Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Little Shop", A little preview, from Murfreesboro Little Theatre

One of our local theatres, Murfreesboro Little Theatre, is doing a production of "Little Shop of Horrors". Today the cast came out to Barnes & Noble to give a preview of their show. Yeah, we showed up an hour early (thank you for the misinformation again, Nashville Parent magazine). But it was worth waiting around for. I was pretty impressed with the quality of the performances overall and if you get a chance and happen to live around here, go out to see them (starting next week for three weeks).
The coolest part of the experience was seeing my daughter's eyes light up when she heard Joelle ("Audrey") singing. "Mama, open up your camera and take a picture of her." Joelle was simply perfect as Audrey and I couldn't help but tear up a little as I listened to her sweet voice singing such sweet words.


The music and the voice behind Audrey II.

Audrey II and Seymour
Joelle and Chris were sweet enough to pose with Donut.

MLT is doing a show in February called "Amy's Attic", directed by fellow Artsy Mama Jamie Storvick. The show has roles for little ones. Looks like Donut may like to audition! It will be nice to be back in the theatre, even if I'm not the one on stage this time.

4 comments:

  1. How fun.

    Look at that glimmer in Donut's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this musical! I was in this production (our local version of it) when I was in High School. I can't sing to save my life, but I can dance. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Seymour from MLT's Little Shop here! Thanks for coming out and supporting us at the preview. We had a blast! Great blog and pictures!

    - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. chris! thanks for stopping by. we'll see you on the 6th. i hear the show is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!