Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer Readin', Had me a Blast!

We are excited to be involved with two summer reading programs this year! The first one is through a fun homeschool website/magazine The Old Schoolhouse and all you do is head over to their blog post and post your own party post on Mister Linky! You can find a link to my party post (as in our summer reading list which I'll be updating regularly) at the top of my page by clicking on Splish's banner or you can click here as well! It's fun and it's a great excuse for me to start keeping up with the books we read... something I've been meaning to do for a long time now. Yay!

The other summer reading program that we'll be participating in is at our local library. This year's theme is "Express Yourself" and all about being creative. There are fun activities planned throughout the summer. My personal favorite is, ahem, the one that I'll be hosting on behalf of Artsy Ma
mas. It's a mother/daughter creative writing workshop! We'll be recording memories and coming up with some stories as well. Should be a lot of fun.

Today we headed over to the library in order to sign up for the program and to enjoy a fun sing along with Conductor Jack. We are so blessed to have such a fun library with wonderful children's librarians who truly love the kids and make a point of helping each child feel special.

1 comment:

  1. Very strange!
    I was able to read the opening to this post in the reader, but, when I opened up on your page it's all in webdings!
    Is the key to summer reading that it's all in code?
    Glad you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!