Thursday, April 30, 2009


I have sooo many things for which to be thankful today.

Two nights ago I was convinced that I might be dying. Mastitis can do that to you seemingly.

Today I am thankful for antibiotics, something that I never dreamed I'd say. I'm also thankful that I have enough education to up the probiotics in order to avoid yeast.

I am thankful that Baby Drayken's cyst is, no doubt, only a dermoid cyst. While it's highly unusual to see such a thing in a tiny baby like him, the doctor at Vanderbilt felt pretty confident that the pathology report would show it to be benign. Praise you Lord! I have faith that the doctor will be correct... don't they usually prepare you for the worst?

I am thankful that I feel a peace about his surgery which is to take place on Monday morning.

I am thankful that I am feeling better... better enough to not nap today, to do a little housework, and to even play a little with my kids. Yesterday I could barely get out of bed.

I am thankful that I thought to eat some meat and to see if it would help me to feel better. It did. Both times. So, thanks to the cow and chicken who gave their lives so that I might be able to have one.

I am thankful for children who make me laugh.

I am thankful for being at peace about my dad and our lack of relationship. I've stopped beating myself up and feeling guilty. The Lord has really helped me in that area.

I am thankful for dirty baby diapers in the middle of the day or night. They mean that my milk supply is starting to come back and yay for that!!

I am thankful for the prayers that have gone up for me, my health, my baby and my family in general. The Lord is watching over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!