Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today is Thursday. And I and thankful for:

-The inspiration by other non-catholic friends to "give up" something for lent. I have decided to work on "giving up" feeling sorry for myself and "take up" being more thankful for what I do have and being more prayerful throughout the day. So far, I'm doing "fair to middlin'".

-A great midwife checkup. I'm convinced that this baby is going to be here in the next few days so I bet it was my last one. Sniff. I'm going to miss those girls.

-My honey is only working ONE full time job until the end of May. He'll be at home with me during the evening for the next three months. Yay!! Not only will I have help at night with the baby, but I'll also avoid being at home alone with three kids during a tornado (after all, they do "target" my area... something which I have been told repeatedly).

-Friends who brought over a delicious meal and shared it with us. It was so nice to not have to worry about dinner and also have friends over!

-Iron supplements which have resulted in a lack of desire for red meat!

-Trader Joe's. Do you have ANY idea how much I LOVE that place?

-Sleep.

-Sweet cuddle times with the kids which I will be missing very very soon.

For what are you thankful?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad Michael's work schedule will have slowed..right in time for the baby! I had a dream last night that you guys changed the name last minute..I wish so bad I could remember it. I think it was something like Angelistic. It was really funny.

    Hope you're doing well during these last few pregnancy days. I hope it goes by fast enough for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Michael's work schedule will have slowed..right in time for the baby! I had a dream last night that you guys changed the name last minute..I wish so bad I could remember it. I think it was something like Angelistic. It was really funny.

    Hope you're doing well during these last few pregnancy days. I hope it goes by fast enough for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for thankfulness and you have a lot to be thankful for! :o)

    I also am non-Catholic but do practice Lent. I gave up facebook and myspace because I felt they took too much time away from family and Bible study.

    Be blessed! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, That's hilarious. Because just last night, I decided that I'm wanting to change the name. Actually add one. Keeping my fingers crossed that Michael won't keep telling me no!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!