Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday on Tuesday (Because I cannot wait until Thursday to count my blessings)




Sigh. So as I stated earlier, I have had a really difficult week. And for the most part, it's only gotten harder. My spirits were lifted yesterday evening after spending significant time in my yard, something that I take for granted during the warmer months and desperately miss during colder weather. But today I have felt panicky and overwhelmed.

Here is a run down of all that has been going on with us...
-He-Man has a cold, his cut on his mouth is infected, and he has an unexplained rash that keeps popping up seemingly in connection with our having applied medicine to his cut. And no, it's not a new type of medicine.... it is all stuff he's been exposed to repeatedly before. The rash goes away immediately after he's been given Benedryl BUT I really don't want to keep giving him over the counter antihistamines every single day.

-Donut also has a cold. In addition to the cold, she has a bloodshot eye with a raised bump in the middle of the redness that is, apparently, a bacterial infection as she visited a doctor today. As soon as she returned from that visit, she fell and bonked her noggin on a chair in the kitchen.

-I have been sick with what I've thought to be a stomach virus off and on for a week now. Just when it seems to be going away, it pokes its nasty head back out! None of us have gotten nearly enough sleep this week and it's really affecting us dramatically.

So, I've been feeling pretty down and out for the past week and I want to take a few moments to reflect on all of my blessings. So many people are mourning the loss of family members and friends, watching their small children suffer serious illnesses, dealing with much more serious financial situations than I... and I feel, yet again, like a big baby for whining.

Therefore, I give you my prayer of gratitude.

Dear Lord, I thank you for the following...
-Two healthy children who bounce back from illnesses and injuries quickly.
-A healthy baby inside of me who is STILL inside of me and will not be in any danger from premature delivery at this point.
-An amazing husband who has maintained his health during this entire crazy season of our lives and who, despite being exhausted, throws his entire self into caring for me, our children, our home, and our livelihood. What a privilege it is to be his helpmate.
-Friends and family who helped out and brought food for meals during this difficult time. It was really helpful to not have to worry about dinner for a couple of days.
-A break from cold weather. Getting outside yesterday really made a difference and I'm so thankful for that.
-A relief from the crazy weird pregnancy events that were plaguing us.
-Positive steps in the right direction for the Captain's job. And his newfound motivation to finally get our chocolate business off the ground. Yippeeeeee!!!

Lord, please help me to be thankful during this time of trial and remind me of how fortunate we are. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I know how stressful even a collection of even minor colds can be when you're a mama! I hope everyone heals up quickly and you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot to be grateful for.
    However, it's still crummy to be VERY pregnant with two sick kids.
    Hope everyone's on the mend A.S.A.P!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!