Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday Returns and Pregnancy Update: Week 31



Today, Thankful Thursday returns in the form of a pregnancy update. The past few days have proven to be a bit insane. Here is why I am thankful...

I am thankful to still be pregnant. I am 31 weeks today. Just six more weeks, Indy, you can do it!
I am thankful to be on "rest" instead of in the hospital.
I am thankful that my water did not break and that if it was leaking, it stopped.
I am thankful for friends and family who are willing to make/buy meals and who are planning to visit.
I am thankful that, even though I had to cancel the Donut's princess and pirate costume party, there is a sufficient alternative that will require no effort for me at all at Barnes and Noble (expect Fancy Nancy Fashion Show pics soon).
I am thankful for the sleep I got last night.
I am thankful that the kids are behaving really well and that I'm not letting the mess of their toys on the floor bug me... too much.
I am thankful that everyone is understanding about my backing out of plans.
I am thankful for the ready-made meals at Whole Foods.
I am thankful for a husband who comes home from one job, does my domestic duties, and then sleeps before going to his other job... after bringing me a burger from Cheeseburger Charley's (see, I make a terrible vegetarian these days.)
I am thankful for the liquid calcium magnesium supplement that helps me to rest and calms down the almost constant contractions.
I am thankful that we are past the super dangerous point of my pregnancy and if he had to come today, he would be okay.
I am thankful for two days of sunshine and that I remembered to open the door and the shades and "let the sunshine in".
I am thankful that I had a chance to know Professor Dale McGilliard and that I took as many acting classes from him as was possible. He will be very missed.














4 comments:

  1. Aren't you supposed to "open up your heart" to let the sunshine in?

    So glad you're doing better today!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet potato/black bean chili is on the stove right now...bringing you some tomorrow! (hope it's not too spicy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are resting! :o)
    Hang in there and keep taking it easy.
    fyi...Whole Foods is a major supporter of Planned Parenthood and gay rights organizations...didn't know if you were aware they were pro-choice and supported it with their profits.
    I usually stick with Aldi and Kroger for groceries since they do not support anything like this.
    God bless you! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy- We are aware of Whole Foods and their financial contributions to Planned Parenthood. I've even blogged about it. But sometimes you do what you gotta do. I figure if I feed my children crap all of the time, I'm not being very prolife either. So, you know, you win some, you lose some.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!