Friday, December 26, 2008

Encourage Your Husband Challenge: Day 1


Today we start our 30 Day Challenge, girls! I'm so excited about this opportunity to get together and encourage one another in what could possibly be the most important yet overlooked jobs we wives have... encouraging those men in our lives. Whether your husband is a specimen of perfection or if his spirit is in need of great repair, I believe that we are obligated and required by God to build up our husbands and to never tear them down. I spent several years suffering the consequences of nagging, badgering, and worst of all, slandering my sweet husband. I had an unforgiving heart towards him even on the day we said our vows. It did NOT feel so great. I am so glad that's over with! Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of work to do. But now that I've allowed the Lord to change my evil ways, I am excited to say that my marriage has improved, his attitude has improved, our marriage has improved, and, boy, do I like myself a whole lot better.

Some Links of Interest:

I have created this group so that we can discuss our progress and experiences while doing this challenge. Also, feel free to just comment on challenge-related posts or, better yet, write about it in your own blog! You never know who might be reading and who might be blessed by this experience!

Also, here is the link to the daily challenge again. I've printed a copy and will keep it in plain sight throughout the day!

I will be praying for each of you during this time and welcome any specific prayer requests. You can put them in a comment or send them to me through email: shebrakes4rainbows@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!