Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Part Two: The Vegan Version

Yesterday afternoon, after braving the Black Friday traffic (what was I thinking?), I headed home for a nice nap in the bed with my snuggle bunnies (minus one that was already sleeping in the garage). After I woke up, I was refreshed enough to stand on my feet for three hours while preparing our family's Thanksgiving dinner. My tummy is growling just thinking of the leftovers. We did the real turkey thing at my in-laws' house but by next year, I hope to be off meat again! I seem to have no self control when it comes to meat during my pregnancies. Maybe I need to start shoveling in handfuls of nuts because I crave meat constantly. At any rate, last night's feast was 95% vegan (I put real eggs in the rolls). And it was fantastic if I do say so myself. On the menu was Tofurky roast (with onions and dill carrots), mushroom "giblet" gravy, organic corn with salt, pepper, and Earth Balance (they still aren't paying me!), organic sweet potatoes with maple syrup, cinnamon, and Earth Balance, gluten free rolls -my first experience with yeast and rising and all that jazz, spinach almond salad, and sparkling blueberry juice. While the kids barely ate a thing... why is it that the boy is always starving and I never have enough to fill him and this one time he decides that he's not hungry?... the hubby and I cleaned our plates. Preparing our meal made me feel very proud. I enjoy cooking a great deal and I especially enjoy it when my hubby compliments me and tells me how tasty everything is. I felt blessed to have three mouths to feed and three people for whom I am responsible.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I would have loved to have been at that table..enjoying the food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I would have loved to have been at that table..enjoying the food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would have loved to have had you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!