Saturday, November 15, 2008

Parades, Grandparents, and Awesome Daddies!

There was much to celebrate this week. He-Man had the idea to host a parade of all of his friends with musical instruments, banners and such. This idea was inspired by our experience at the Animal Kingdom Lodge while we were on Vacation. So, I suggested that we combine that idea with another one... adopting a grandparent at a local assisted living facility. Since we'd already planned to orchestrate this gathering with our homeschool group I figured that the residents might enjoy a Thanksgiving Day parade. I mean, who wouldn't want to see the cutest kids on earth parading through their hallways, right? I organized it and it happened this week. Several of our homeschool friends joined us for parading and creating a ruckus. He-Man was so proud to be leading this activity... he informed me that morning that he was "filled with joy". Wow. The residents had spent a great deal of time creating handmade items for children and asked all of our little ones to dig through and pick two items a piece to bring home. He-Man was tickled with his red and green elephant. Donut brought home a pink apron. A few of our friends met their new grandpa and played games with him while we visited with our new grandma, Ms. Norma. Both of the kids enjoyed talking to her and we look forward to seeing her again.

This week was also the Captain's 31st birthday! Sadly he had to work both jobs on his special day but yesterday he came home early and we had a chance to sing happy birthday and enjoy cake and soy ice cream together (while snuggling and watching "The Office" on tivo). We've missed him so much this week... probably more so than during the summer because it's been cold and rainy and so we've stayed in much of the time. We're so lucky to have this awesome man in our lives. I start to tear up when I think about how lucky the Donut is to be his little girl. Daily, I fall more and more in love with this man. And so does she. I think it's beautiful to see their relationship blossom.
We Love You, Sugar Pony!

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that! What a great idea. Obviously..Hunter's been given his "Community Service Award" passed down from you. Way to go guys! You guys are very kind and awesome. That just made me happy-cry for the third time today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, shucks, Jen. Every kind thing we do, we are repaid ten fold. It does make me so happy to see his generous spirit. He is one of the most giving people I've ever met! Glad we made you happy cry instead of sad cry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!