Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Afternoon Videos

Since this week was my mom's birthday, (and there has been a lot of death affecting my friends and loved ones lately) I got to thinkin' about death and dead people, and of course, the afterlife. And of course, this lovely tune. I really like this song and I like the vision it creates of "Heaven". I'm not too keen on pearly gates or streets of gold. I hate gold. I prefer silver. Of course, I want to be with God but I feel that being with God is being at peace. And that's what this song is about for me. Peace. A place where nothing. Nothing ever happens.



Oh, and let's hear it for Talking Heads. It was about 18 years ago EXACTLY when I fell in love with this, this movie, this song, this band, this ingeneous band. My love has never faltered.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!