Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Reasons Why I'm Excited about our Vacation (Disney Included)

Great Eats. Hey, I'm a pregnant lady with no need to count calories thanks to my crazy random weight loss. First we will travel to Tampa and there I intend to have pizza from this place. And I'm sure I'll have plenty of tasty meals while we're at Disney, but I'm especially excited about our day at Epcot where we'll take advantage of the International Food and Wine Festival. I've already decided that I will try Cajun Crawfish Etoufee and Seafood Gumbo at the New Orleans booth. Yummy. I can taste it now.

Art for the kids. Today I was doing some research and discovered that the Tampa Museum of Art has free admission on Saturdays from 10-12, during which they also have free art opportunities for kids. After we spend some time there, we'll hop over to Creatures of Delight and let the kids decorate their own delightful creatures. Cool places, huh?

The Beach. I've not truly experienced the beach since I was 15 and I went to Florida with a friend and her family. The children have been talking about the beach for months now and I'm delighted that we'll finally be able to take them. I can't wait! Oh, I'm also excited to wear my new bathing suit... my first two piece (that actually shows off something) since before I got married! I feel more confident physically when I'm pregnant!

Spending time with my husband. I feel as if we've barely seen him since he took this second job and it will be so nice to have his undivided attention for a whole week. I really miss him and the kids miss their daddy.

Our hotel. Oh my gosh, have you heard of the Animal Kingdom Lodge at Walt Disney World? It's one of their fancier resorts and after walking around in it I've decided that it might be my favorite. So, it's pretty lucky that we are staying there. The experience should be rather educational (although according to this article, I should erase that word from my vocabulary) since the entire resort is filled with animals such as:
Anikole Cattle, Bongo, Blesbok, Eland, Grant's Zebra, Greater Kudu, Impala, Reticulated Giraffe, Thomson's Gazelle, Waterbuck, and White-Bearded Wildebeest. Abyssinian Ground Hornbill, Blue Crane, East African Crowned Crane, Greater Flamingo, Marabou Stork, Ostrich, Pink-Backed Pelican, and Ruppel's Griffon Vulture.

Some other cool features include a free workout facility for guests, the best pool on Disney property, and free storytelling in the evenings. I hope to take advantage of every cool feature but it may not be easy to do in three days!




9 comments:

  1. I <3 Crawfish Etoufee. I wish crawfish were more easily available here so I could get some, but alas, I have to make do with shrimp. Some really good shrimp, but shrimp none the less.

    And I agree that beaches rock. I used to get my beach fix on my runs, which I haven't been able to do for awhile now :~(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds like so much fun! I was hoping to hit Disneyland this summer, but we changed our mind last minute. I hope the food is fabulous!

    (And don't worry, edumacation is still allowed as long as you spell it wrong. Weird unschooling rule #72.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have an amazing time! And that Animal Kingdome lodge is awesome! We passed it constantly..it's very nice!
    Have a fun and safe trip! I can't wait to hear all about it. When are you leaving again? I have something to drop off at your home. :) LOVES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that N is leaving today to go to Disney as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaime: I'm not sure if I've ever had Etoufee precisely but I know that the few times I've ever had crawfish, it blew my mind. I had some in a bread bowl at the NOLA Ren Faire, some inside of some sushi rolls when I visited Geoff back five years ago, and believe it or not, some inside of a few Po Boys at this little Cajun-ish restaurant on the square in Gallatin during the last few visits with mom before her diagnosis. I will not be able to go back there for a very long time of course. And, while I did visit the beach with you at least once during my visit back several years ago... I barely remember it. Just like I barely remember any of that trip :(. I have pics to prove it though!

    Crunchy: Where is this list of unschooling rules? I want to print them and put them on my fridge!

    Jen: We leave early Friday morning. I'll be at the library for story time in the morning at 11:00. Ooooh, a gift! I love gifts!

    Jennifer: Yes, I did know that. She'll leave the day before we get there! :( Guess I'll just have to suck it up and make the trek out to Gallatin if I want to see you guys, huh? Christmas is a good time for me to do that. Wanna plan it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't mention gift...it's just my tax returns. I was hoping you could give some credit from my sales at Mamapalooza..or maybe just do my taxes for me since you're an accountant.

    MWAHAHAHAHA. Gifts for my Girl! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and love it. The pool's great. The animals are awesome--especially if you can see them from your room.

    The playground's really nice too.

    Oh!!! I LOVE the restaurant there. Boma's. I highly recommend it.

    If you can get past the whole evil-corporation notion of Disney World, it can be a fun place.

    Anyway, have a great time and I can't wait to hear all about it.

    Oh....also. My sister is going to be there with her family while you're there. I think? They're arriving on Saturday. Maybe you'll run into them ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm the beach.
    i'm jealous.



    i hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmm the beach.
    i'm jealous.



    i hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!