Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday (I created a new meme)


I've been "memeing" (hahaha, I kill me) to create this meme for a while now. But of course Emily inspired me to actually remember that this was a goal of mine. I think there are others doing a "Thankful Thursday" meme out there. But I had the idea on my own (not a far stretch, huh?) Since I deleted my gratitude blog, I guess I felt that it was important to carve out time for being thankful every week right here at Bona Fide Mama! Feel free to steal my graphic (don't you love it?) and to use my meme idea. Post a link to your "Thankful Thursday" post here in the comments section and, if ya don't mind, link back to my blog in your post. Sweet.

For what am I thankful today?

1. Being in love with my family. About a year ago, I was ready to just leave. I didn't really know how to experience love any more. But the Lord has restored my ability to love and today I am not only crazy in love with all three of my children but also with my amazing husband. It's such a relief to have this back. I was so tired of being numb. I'm sure they got sick of it too.

2. New friends. Seriously, I am absolutely crazy about the new people in my life. You know who you are!

3. Self confidence. Without it, I couldn't do much. With it, I feel as if I can take over the world.

4. My weird husband. I love that he agrees with me on things like not vaccinating, doctors, medication, stupidity, diet, and other parenting issues. I just know that he'll be a big supporter of unschool before too long!

5. Beginning and almost finishing Christmas shopping for the kids all in one visit to the store. Yay Tuesday morning where I found these things: a Fairy wonderland, a wooden castle, the figurines to match them, a Hooked on Phonics Bible set, and phonics tiles, all for at least 50% off the retail price.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy! What a lovely meme! I'm seeing it a bit too late to participate this week, unfortunately, as it's already Friday. But maybe next week! (I have to admit, I'm not very good at planning ahead when it comes to blogging.)

    I hope you are able to continue living and learning with your kids right past that "start of school" moment next year. It's a weird moment for most moms who know they want to unschool early on. But why change a good thing??

    I'm always so sad to read posts by moms who are all torn up about sending their little ones to school for the first time -- as though it's a necessary evil that they have no say about!

    So funny about microwaves... I blogged about our microwave being mysteriously injured a couple months ago. My parents offered us an extra one they have, but I just haven't bothered to pick it up yet.

    'Course, they live next door, so instead I've been taking leftovers and using theirs. But I suppose I would otherwise just reheat on the stove. It's too hot outside to turn on the oven just to reheat! Microwaves are efficient in that way. But my grandmother was always completely opposed to them for the same reasons you are. I'm becoming more like her all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I appreciate all of your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, I made a similar post on my livejournal last week and it was amazing how much better I felt after I wrote it all out. Just taking a moment to be thankful can make such a difference!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!