Thursday, September 11, 2008
Thankful Thursday (I created a new meme)
I've been "memeing" (hahaha, I kill me) to create this meme for a while now. But of course Emily inspired me to actually remember that this was a goal of mine. I think there are others doing a "Thankful Thursday" meme out there. But I had the idea on my own (not a far stretch, huh?) Since I deleted my gratitude blog, I guess I felt that it was important to carve out time for being thankful every week right here at Bona Fide Mama! Feel free to steal my graphic (don't you love it?) and to use my meme idea. Post a link to your "Thankful Thursday" post here in the comments section and, if ya don't mind, link back to my blog in your post. Sweet.
For what am I thankful today?
1. Being in love with my family. About a year ago, I was ready to just leave. I didn't really know how to experience love any more. But the Lord has restored my ability to love and today I am not only crazy in love with all three of my children but also with my amazing husband. It's such a relief to have this back. I was so tired of being numb. I'm sure they got sick of it too.
2. New friends. Seriously, I am absolutely crazy about the new people in my life. You know who you are!
3. Self confidence. Without it, I couldn't do much. With it, I feel as if I can take over the world.
4. My weird husband. I love that he agrees with me on things like not vaccinating, doctors, medication, stupidity, diet, and other parenting issues. I just know that he'll be a big supporter of unschool before too long!
5. Beginning and almost finishing Christmas shopping for the kids all in one visit to the store. Yay Tuesday morning where I found these things: a Fairy wonderland, a wooden castle, the figurines to match them, a Hooked on Phonics Bible set, and phonics tiles, all for at least 50% off the retail price.