Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Meme: A Simple Woman's Day Book




I by no means consider myself to be "simple" in many ways. I'm pretty complicated. But my tastes and pleasures are simple. And besides, I like this meme.

For Today...

Outside my Window...I can see the freshly mowed grass and it makes me appreciate my husband's hard work.

I am thinking..."I need to take a shower and boil potatoes before my friends come over. That is all hard to do while holding a Donut."

From the learning rooms...I can smell the scent of tempura paint from the kitchen as the giant painting of the Letter "A" dries.

I am thankful for... a husband who supports my desire to homeschool and who let's me invite people over and be normal.

From the kitchen... a big pot of potatoes have been cut and are waiting to become vegan mashed!

I am wearing...my favorite pajama pants (pics of hippie nesting dolls) and one of my hubby's shirts.

I am reading... A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin, The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity, and You Can Heal Your Life

I am hoping... that I am able to continue doing this homeschool thing with as much enthusiasm as I did today.

I am creating...(with my friend Amanda) a mom's group for weirdos like me.

I am hearing... He-Man clicking and padding around the garage.

Around the house...those potatoes, a shower and changing, and then hosting a small gathering of friends this evening.

One of my favorite things... early morning cuddling with either of my kiddos.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Art Festival at the Greenway, Artsy Mamas Apple Art Date, Interview with a potential doula and potential midwife, Express Yourself meeting, The Playground at Center for the Arts

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


After our first full day of "real homeschool", the Donut has expended all of her energy. Good thing this impromptu nap is happening because otherwise I don't see how she'd be able to play with her friends tonight.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet entry and adorable photo! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely entry, and hope she was able to enjoy your company this evening.
    You have a nice blog...enjoyed you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. schotzy, thank you for stopping by!

    sharon, thank you as well. donut did enjoy her company despite being stung on the foot by either a bee or a yellow jacket. so the evening ended on a sour note but she was incredibly blessed with 8 playmates last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your meme!!

    I'm glad we're reading each other's blogs again.

    I am happy to have you back in my life : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Thanks Dina!! I'm glad I was able to hunt you down by way of using my old lj account (which I abandoned, btw, because I couldn't remember how to log in... after all of those years!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!