Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Letter From Lynn Austin


Today I received the following letter from one of my new favorite writers.

Dear Mandy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and tell me how much you’ve enjoyed "A Woman’s Place." I’m sorry for taking so long to reply (it has been a very hectic summer) but I wanted to send my personal thanks for being such an enthusiastic reader. Your letter was a great encouragement to me.

I’ve also read and enjoyed Elizabeth Berg’s book (after I wrote "A Woman’s Place") and I had the privilege of hearing her discuss it at our local library. Like me, she lives in the Chicago area. I became interested in women who were "Rosie the Riveters" after meeting several of them and hearing their stories. In fact, I based the book on some of those true stories. I wrote it because I wanted my daughter and her generation of women to appreciate the women of WWII who paved the way for her to become anything she wants to be in the 21st century.

You may also enjoy the book I’m currently writing (still without a title) which will tell the stories of the women who worked for women’s suffrage in the early 1900s. That book won’t be out until September of 2009, however.

Until then, my newest book is called "Until We Reach Home" and should be in bookstores this month. Thanks again for writing, Mandy, and I hope you’ll continue to enjoy my stories.

Blessings,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting! Please make sure to leave your name and an email address so that I can respond to your comments! I hope you have a blessed day!